$120 for 6 weeks (plus $15 USA Fencing membership/insurance)
This class is for people who have never fenced before!
Sign up and pay for the class by clicking this secure link. Be sure to select the appropriate age-group option. This class always fills up quickly, so please don’t wait to sign up!
If you are registering a child, please do one of the following: either create an account under your own name and then create a child account within your own account, or register with your child’s name and birth date but with your contact information. We know our system can be a bit confusing, so if you run into any issues, please send an e-mail and if possible include a screen shot of what you’re seeing so we can help.
NOTE: It is also necessary to register for mandatory USA Fencing membership/insurance before the first day of class. This membership is valid for the rest of the fencing season, so you will not need to register again until August 2023 if you or your child continues with fencing after the beginner class. If you are registering a child, create an account under your name and then create a dependent account for your child.
Please complete this process at https://member.usafencing.org and use the following information:
- For membership type, select Non-Competitive ($15)
- For club, select Phoenix Falcons Fencing Club
- For coach, select David Rice
The class series will cover the basics of fencing including footwork, bladework, tactics, equipment, and safety. After completion of this class, the student will be ready to join the club and participate in regularly scheduled fencing practices.
We are located at 1522 E Pierson Street, Phoenix, AZ 85014. Parking is available on the north side of Pierson Street and in a lot just east of the fencing club near the boxing club. Please do not park on the south side of the street or in the business parking lot on the south side of the street. Also please be aware of fire hydrants along Pierson and do not park in front of a fire hydrant.
Please plan to arrive 15 minutes early on the first day to allow time for parking.
Here are some things to know for the first day:
- Closed-toe shoes and long pants are required. We recommend tennis shoes or court shoes as these have the best traction on the fencing strips. Running shoes are not recommended as the running shoe soles can slip on the metal fencing strips.
- Bring a filled water bottle.
- A signed waiver is required. These will be available on the first day if you have not already completed the waiver online.
- Parents of younger children should plan to help their child put on the fencing gear.
- Class sections may be combined depending on total enrollment.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact the club.