$120 for 6 weeks (plus $15 USA Fencing membership/insurance) All equipment will be supplied during each class session for a $50.00 security deposit
If you or your youth has never fenced before, we recommend you start here. We start all students in an age-appropriate Skill Development class. This will be the same class they will remain in after the first 6 weeks.
In these sessions, we provide them with both group and individualized support.
- Skill Development- Ages 8-12: Monday, Wednesday – 5pm – 6pm
- Skill Development- Ages 13+: Monday, Wednesday – 6pm – 7pm
- Skill Development- All Ages: Saturday – 10am -11am
In each class, we cover the basics of fencing including footwork, bladework, tactics, equipment, and safety. After completion of the six-week introduction, the student will be ready to join the club and participate in regularly scheduled fencing practices. The club membership dues for unlimited sessions are $155/month.
NOTE: It is also necessary to register for mandatory USA Fencing membership/insurance before the first day of class. This membership is valid for the rest of the fencing season, so you will not need to register again until August 2023 if you or your child continues with fencing after the beginner class. If you are registering a child, create an account under your name and then create a dependent account for your child.
Please complete this process at https://member.usafencing.org and use the following information:
- For membership type, select Non-Competitive ($15)
- For club, select Phoenix Falcons Fencing Club
- For coach, select Rolando Arroyo
We are located at 1522 E Pierson Street, Phoenix, AZ 85014. Parking is available on the north side of Pierson Street and in a lot just east of the fencing club near the boxing club. Please do not park on the south side of the street or in the business parking lot on the south side of the street. Also please be aware of fire hydrants along Pierson and do not park in front of a fire hydrant.
Please plan to arrive 15 minutes early on the first day to allow time for parking.
Here are some things to know for the first day:
- Closed-toe shoes and long pants are required. We recommend tennis shoes or court shoes as these have the best traction on the fencing strips. Running shoes are not recommended as the running shoe soles can slip on the metal fencing strips.
- Bring a filled water bottle.
- A signed waiver is required. These are available at the front desk at the club.
- Parents of younger children should plan to help their child put on the fencing gear.
- Class sections may be combined depending on total attendance.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact the club.